The online course for the creative entrepreneur.
Learn the art of flat lay photography to enhance your brand, by Sophie Bowdler Photography.
Throughout four main modules and various video tutorials, I will share with you all my very best tips & tricks for creating stand out flat lay photography.
If you are a small business owner or entrepreneur then you will know the importance of online imagery. Sometimes it can be difficult to even know where to start, you have so many questions… what lighting should I use? How do I style my product or props? How can I portray my brand identity? Do I need to buy a professional camera?
Let me start by answering at least one of these questions…. no you do not necessarily need to invest in a professional camera, three of the images below were taken with an iPhone!! And you can create your own stunning flat lays too, using your available camera or phone, once you know how to:
- harness natural lighting to create bright and evenly exposed images
- use a selection of backgrounds you can easily re-create at home or buy online
- style an image, including using a mixture of props, products, textiles, flowers, food & drink
- choose a theme for your imagery that flows with your brand identity
- use editing tools to enhance your images consistently
Who is The Flat Lay Lab for?
- The shop owner who needs to take better images of their products.
- The service provider who wants to include personality and brand identity in their images.
- The entrepreneur wanting to create stand out brand imagery for their social media.
Also included with every course purchase- Bonus Material!
Download The Flat Lay handbook!
A bonus module- ‘Baking day’ styled flat lay.
Download 5 completely FREE styled stock images.
“I recently signed up to Sophie’s Flat Lay Lab and WOW. I absolutely loved the course, great tips and completely blame Sophie for me buying yet more cheesecloths lol……I have one gorgeous blue and I love it but now have ordered, white, cream & grey for my branding. LOL. So excited. I have put together a prop box for flat lays and can now put into practice everything I have learnt. Sophie speaks beautifully & is so clear in her presentation and makes it all sounds so easy. Once lockdown has lifted I am really looking forward to attending one of Sophie’s courses face to face. Thank you so much. xx”- Carol from Laurel Design Studio
Sophie’s Flat Lay course was amazing, it taught me everything I needed to know to be able to create gorgeous photos for my social pages! Sophie is also so friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Highly recommend!
Module 1- Introduction & Lighting
- An introduction to the course from Sophie, detailing the props she uses and her exact lighting setup.
Module 2- Branding
- How to incorporate your personal brand into your flat lay imagery.
- A demonstration of a desktop style flat lay.
Module 3- Styling
- How to style using a mixture of props, textures and decorative elements. Including orientation, placing items, composition and depth of field.
- A demonstration of a lifestyle flat lay.
Module 4- Editing
- How to use basic editing apps to enhance your images subtly and keep a cohesive look to your images.
- A demonstration of a food & drink styled flat lay.
Bonus Flat Lay- ‘Baking Day’
- A demonstration of a flat lay using baking goods and utensils to create a fun image with blank space to add in text later on.
Bonus- Flat Lay Handbook Download
- Download my full ‘flat lay handbook’ PDF!
Bonus- Styled Stock Images Download
- Download 5 FREE fully styled stock images- for you to use in your own online strategy.
- A list of useful products you can buy to improve your own flat lays at home.
Ready to take action, learn to create stand out flat lay imagery and enhance your brand?
Get access to the course now!!
(Just before you purchase the course you will be asked to register an account, you will then be able to access the course anytime, anywhere for an unlimited amount- its all yours, yay!)